- This event has passed.
Wire Transfer Compliance, Including International Remittances
July 18 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Funds transfer fraud causes millions of dollars in losses for businesses. Last year, financial institutions filed over 44,000 suspicious activity reports (SARs) on wire fraud incidents. Cyber attackers continue to grow more sophisticated and even the largest institutions are vulnerable. Recent high-profile, successful cyberattacks on international wire transfers have raised the bar on examiners’ expectations for international and domestic wire transfer security systems and risk monitoring.
This session will cover the regulatory requirements for both domestic and international wires, provide sample audit procedures, and address how to identify and react to possible wire fraud attempts. It will identify system and process vulnerabilities that can expose financial institutions to cyberattacks and increase liability. Join us to learn ways to strengthen policies, monitoring, procedures, and risk assessments.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Detailed review of both domestic and international wire requirements, including:
- Internal controls
- System security
- BSA requirements for wires and recordkeeping
- Identification and authentication requirements
- OFAC screening rules
- Wire transfer regulations under Reg S, Reg E, Reg J Subpart B, and UCC-4A
- Common types of wire fraud and scams
- International funds transfer rules, notices, and error resolution procedures
- Risk management practices and controls over IT and wholesale payment systems networks, including authentication, authorization, fraud detection, and response management systems and processes
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample wire transfer policy
- Sample wire logs
- Wire transfer audit procedures
- Sample wire transfer request form
- Employee training log
- NEW – Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers, compliance officers, internal auditors, and staff who handle wire transfers.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Link to register: https://financialedinc.com/a/nicb/webinar/wire-transfer-compliance-including-international-remittances